pymta is a Python library to build an SMTP server with customized behavior.
This is useful if you want to...
- test mail-sending code against a real SMTP server even in your unit tests.
- build a custom SMTP server with non-standard behavior without re-implementing the whole SMTP protocol.
- have a low-volume SMTP server which can be easily extended using Python
The whole code is licensed under the very liberal MIT license so you can use it in your own code without problems.
Documentation and Support
- HTML documentation for pymta
- Until now there were so few support requests that I did not bother setting up a mailing list. If you need help or want to tell me about your cool usage of pymta, please send an email :-)
- If you found a bug, please file a bug.
If you like this software, please do me a favor and vote on Ohloh and/or click the 'I use it' button on right.